This article shows you how to protect your sensitive information with the great features of your Trend Micro Security for Windows.
Avoid data theft
Use Trend Micro's Data Theft Prevention feature to prevent unauthorized sending of your info like credit card details, passwords, and email addresses on the Internet.
- Open Trend Micro, then click Privacy.
- Click Configure beside Data Theft Prevention.
- If you see an Introduction page, click OK.
- Create a password.
- Toggle the switch to ON, then type the information in the What to protect field.
Set the best browser privacy settings
Apply the best settings on your web browsers to ensure maximum privacy as you surf the Internet.
- Open a web browser.
- Click the Trend Micro Toolbar, then choose Check your online privacy.
- Select your favorite browser under the Browsers section.
- Trend Micro will show you the settings you need to fix. We recommend you click Fix All.
- Click Restart Now to apply the changes.
Protect your confidential files
In case your PC gets lost or stolen, the Trend Micro Vault feature can keep your important files safe and secured.
- Open Trend Micro, then click the Data tab.
- Click Configure beside Vault. It will ask you to set up a password.
- Once enabled, a Trend Micro Vault will appear on your Desktop. You can either double-click to open it or just drag the files to the icon to store them safely.
TIP: Use Secure Erase to permanently delete an important file or folder from your computer to prevent someone from recovering your data.