Device Administrator is an Android feature that allows an application to perform certain tasks at the system level. In some cases, if listed under the Device Admin, Android apps like Trend Micro Guardian can't be uninstalled. You need to remove the app under the Device Admin of your child's device to allow uninstallation.
Disable Trend Micro Guardian from the Device Administrator
Ways to configure Device Administrator depends on your device's brand and model.
- On your child's device, open Settings.
- Select Security.
- Look for Device Administrator, then tap it.
If you can't find Device Administrator from the Settings list, use the Settings search function, then look for Device Admin.
- From the app list, look for Trend Micro Guardian.
- To deactivate Device Admin, tap the switch/checkbox next to it.
- If prompted, provide the Guardian Code.
Tap here for instructions on where to find the Guardian Code.
- Tap OK to confirm deactivation.