Device Administrator is a feature in Android devices that allows an app to perform certain tasks at the system level.
In some cases, if listed under Device Admin, Android apps like Trend Micro Guardian cannot be uninstalled right away. You need to remove it under the Device Admin of your child's device so you can uninstall it successfully.
Deactivate Trend Micro Guardian as Device Administrator
Some of these instructions may vary, depending on the device brand and model.
- Tap Settings on your child's device.
- Select Security, then choose Device Administrator.
If you cannot find Device Administrator from the list, use the Settings search function, then look for Device Admin apps.
- From the list, choose Trend Micro Guardian.
- Tap Deactivate this device admin app.
- If prompted, provide the Guardian Code.
- Tap OK to confirm.