Trend Micro has started rolling out notifications to upgrade Trend Micro Security on your Windows PC automatically.
You may encounter issues when getting Trend Micro Security for Windows up-to-date. See below for some of the problems customers have encountered:
Received a message to restart the computer to complete the upgrade
- Click Restart Now, then wait for your computer to boot up.
- After restart, Trend Micro program should install automatically from the background.
- A prompt that the new version has been installed will appear after installation completes.
Trend Micro Security program is missing after restarting the computer to complete the upgrade
Installation may take a while. Wait for five minutes, then check if the Trend Micro icon will appear on the system tray.
If the Trend Micro icon is still not showing on the system tray after five minutes:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows CTRl + SHIFT + ESC keys at the same time. This will open Windows Task Manager.
- Under the Processes tab, look for and click
setup.exe, then click the End Task button.
- Go to https://helpcenter.trendmicro.com/en-us/article/TMKA-19454 to proceed with the installation.
Upgrading to the latest version takes a while
Installing the upgrade usually take 10-15 mins to finish depending on the computer performance.
A prompt that new version has been installed will appear after installation.
If the upgrade is taking more than 15 mins, contact Trend Micro Technical Support for assistance.