This article provides a step-by-step guide on how to use Trend Micro Family.
To start, you will have two applications for Trend Micro Family. One is installed on the parent mobile device; the Trend Micro Family app. The other one is installed on the child device; the Trend Micro Family - Junior browser extension.
How to download Trend Micro Family
- Trend Micro Family (Parent App)
You can download the app here.
- Trend Micro Family - Junior (Browser Extension)
You can download Trend Micro Family - Junior Google Chrome extension here.
Where do I find and enter the pairing code?
- Open the Trend Micro Family app, the Parent's app.
- Add a Child profile by tapping + to Add Your Child, and then put the child name.
If you already added the child profile in the Parent app, tap the Rule banner on the top of the child's report. Tap the Device tab and tap + Add Another Device button.
- Add the device as suggested by the instructions.
The pairing code will be provided for the chosen device.
- Now, open the web browser on your child computer.
- At the top right, click ⋮ > More tools > Extensions.
- Under Trend Micro Family - Junior, click the Details button.
- Type the paring code you found in the Trend Micro Family app.
How to start to receive notification about blocked videos
Turning ON the notification settings of the Parent's app will help to keep track of your child's activity.
You will receive notifications in the following situations:
- A video that has potential risks are blocked.
- There is no activity for a period of time.
- Child removes Trend Micro Family - Junior on their computer.
How to enable Notification Settings on Android devices
- Go to Settings.
- Tap Apps & notifications.
- Tap Family > Notifications.
- Enable All Family notifications.
How to enable Notification Settings on iOS devices
- Go to Settings.
- Tap Notifications.
- Find Family and then tap it.
- Enable Allow Notifications.
If the Family app is in the foreground, the notification will not be displayed. Minimize first Family app to the background, then enable it again.