Learn how to stop Trend Micro Security components from running on your computer temporarily without uninstalling. However, your computer will be vulnerable from threats.
- On your keyboard, press the Windows + R keys. The Run window will appear.
- In the Open field, type
supporttool.exe, then press ENTER.
- Click Yes when the User Account Control Window appears.
The Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit will open.
- Click the (C) Uninstall tab.
- Click 5. Stop all components.
- Wait for 10 seconds or the Trend Micro icon in the taskbar notification area to disappear.
Why do I need to disable the program?
- You need to check if Trend Micro is causing an issue on your computer.
- You need to run a hotfix to resolve an ongoing Trend Micro program issue.
To turn it back ON, click 4. Start all components on the Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit window.