Listed are Trend Micro Security for Windows known issues and product limitations. This article will be updated as new information becomes available.
Issues with Windows 11
- After installing Trend Micro on Windows 11 with Microsoft KB5014019 update:
- Checking for https sites will not work.
- Pop ups to notify if files downloaded are dangerous or not will not show.
- Mute Mode may frequently get triggered.
- The right-click option is not working when you are inside the Trend Micro Vault folder.
As a workaroud, you can use the Menu Bar to temporarily replace the functions of the right-click menu.
- Cannot open PDF (portable document format) files inside the Trend Micro Vault when using a PDF viewer (ie: Adobe Acrobat) as the default app.
As a workaroud, set your web browser as the default app for opening PDF files.
- Folder Shield Badge cannot display on OneDrive.
- Google Drive is not included in the Folder Shield default protected folder.
- When editing information in the subscription page, the email address field can only accomodate 50 characters.
- When using Privacy Scanner in Internet Explorer, it cannot check your Facebook settings.
- Time Limits in Parental Controls will still take effect on websites added in the Exception list as Trusted.
- After using Clean Privacy Data feature in PC Health Checkup, Flash Player remains on the list even after removing the program.
- Quick Scan results page will show before scanning finishes.
- Trend Micro Security for Microsoft Edge will show "badge value 0" when mouse is hovered on the icon.
- The expiration date format on the program differs from the Subscription Information page when region and regional format in the computer settings is set to Australia.