Trend Micro Data Theft Prevention lets you protect sensitive data or information (such as credit card numbers or passwords for websites) from being sent through the Internet.
Upon detecting any attempt to send protected information to the Internet, whether to a web page, by email or through an instant message, the transmission can be blocked automatically.
This prevents hackers and spyware from stealing your information.
Data Theft Prevention works with the following applications:
- Microsoft® Internet Explorer® (newest version)
- Microsoft® Edge
- Mozilla® Firefox® (newest and the most recent previous version)
- Google Chrome™ (newest and the most recent previous version)
- Yahoo!® Messenger 11.0, and 11.5
- Microsoft Outlook and other SMTP email programs
Data Theft Prevention monitors HTTP traffic (ports 80, 81, 8080, and any proxy server port configured in your Microsoft® Internet Explorer® settings), but not HTTPS traffic (encrypted information cannot be filtered).
- Open the main console of your Trend Micro Security software:
- Double-click the Trend Micro icon on your desktop.
- Double-click the Trend Micro icon on your system tray.
- Click the Privacy tab.
- Beside the Data Theft Prevention, click Configure.
- On the Introduction page, click OK.
- Toggle the switch to turn ON Data Theft Prevention.
- Type the information that you want to protect in the What to protect field.
- It is advised to enter at least 8 digits of your Credit Card number.
- The fields are case-sensitive. Example: "ABC" is different from "abc".
- Click New Category to add more categories.
- New categories can be created for any type of information that you want to protect (e.g. Email address, phone number, etc.).
- To protect multiple entries of the same category, the category name should be different by appending another character (e.g. Credit Card1).
- Click OK to save your settings.