This article lists the known issues found in Trend Micro Mobile Security for iOS. These will be monitored and addressed on the next major release.
- Screenshot Scan Settings' Background color is not white.
- Tapping the graph from the In-app Report will hide the "Protection Expiring" popup.
- The Features page layout has a wide white space area on the iPad 2.
- The device disconnects to Wi-Fi after installing Mobile Security.
- Delete duplicate or conflicting VPN profile.
- Connect to another network (WiFi/4G).
- The image used in WiFi Checker Demo is outdated.
- Restore from iTunes button is currently unavailable. You may transfer your subscription to another device.
- Cannot return to the main menu after tapping Web Guard then tapping Device Scan upon launching the app.
Protect Another Device
- On iPads, running with iOS version 13 it would download Antivirus for Mac instead of Mobile Security for iOS. This happens because the default settings of the iPAD’s browser is on desktop mode.
As a workaround, you may download the application directly from the appstore or you can change the default browser setting to mobile mode.
- On isolated cases, Camera Roll Scan detects only 1 link despite having multiple links on the image
- For some cases, Camera Roll Scan page will show but won't do anything
- The redirection of a short URL will not be detected properly
- Two "http://" in one link will not be scanned correctly
- Unable to Junk SMS/MMS when iMessage is On
- Blocked sites count increases when changing the Web Guard VPN settings
- WiFi checker will not work when Mobile Security is not running in the background
- Changing iOS system font size will affect Mobile Security UI Fonts
- White box appearance in the right part of the screen when tapping from Fraud Buster to Main Console
Social Network Privacy
- No changes when improving Twitter Privacy Concerns
- WiFi-Checker does not support Captive Portal
- Resetting the Parent key after 5 incorrect attempts doesn't reset the timer
- On some devices, some websites cannot load when the Content Shield is enabled
Lost Device Protection
- On iOS 11, Lost Device Protection cannot be enabled when Location permission is set to "While Using the App"
- When the device has no SIM card, the default page of Data Usage will be set to Roaming
- Mobile Security main screen may take time to open.
Social Network Privacy
- Social Network Privacy could not sign in some Facebook accounts with uncommon settings.
- After streaming in landscape mode using Safesurfing browser, web surfing will also turn to landscape mode and may show a distorted screen.
- Read mode icon appears on search result page, and tapping the icon will show inexplicable content.
- After upgrading to 6.0, VPN is still enabled even if Parental Controls is turned off. User needs to launch the Mobile Security app to sync the status.
- VPN sometimes disables when switching between cellular data and Wi-Fi.
- Sometimes, a blank page is shown in Safari when Network Shield has blocked an unsafe website.
- When a dangerous URL is checked using a widget, the blocking page shows up.
- When using Opera Mini, malicious website cannot be blocked.
- Network Shield white list could not display the full website URL.
- Unable to access some captive pages when Network Shield is turned on.
- Unable to block some malicious websites after Protection Strength of Network Shield is changed.
Social Network Privacy
- Social Network Privacy could not fix the privacy concern of some Facebook Accounts with uncommon settings.
- On some devices "Show more" needs to be tapped to see the widget details.
- After some unusual actions, feature card may display incorrectly on Mobile Security app main page.
- When a blocked website is open in other tabs, it still shows the blocked page even after disabling Parental Controls.
Device Access Status
- Two-Factor Authentication doesn't update the status immediately.
- Widget did not display the website title if user copied a redirect link.
- When user reached the maximum number of tabs, user is unable to open a link (new tab).
- Unable to scroll the Recent History when in landscape mode On iPad.
Facebook Privacy Scanner
- If user logged out of Facebook from Settings, then sign in immediately, Mobile Security will use previous session's data and log in without asking for username and password.
Backup & Restore
- Tapping Backup & Restore will ask for MyAccount password.
- After finishing the in-app purchase but did not sign in with a Trend Micro account, user will not be able to open iTMMS using the Notification Center widget.
- After finishing the in-app purchase but did not sign in with a Trend MIcro account and then resets the device, iTMMS won't be able to recover the purchase after the device boots.
- Icon on SafeSurfing address bar will not change after disabling Parental Controls. User needs to refresh page in order to show correct icon.
- After changing your Facebook password, if you tap Check Again, it will display two blank privacy concerns.
Backup and Restore
- The dashboard data will remain the same if you delete more than 3500 contacts.
- Widget icons will disappear after reinstalling Mobile Security.
- SafeSurfing widget will not be able to display the web page title if it does not follow the standard design.
- If you accept the License Agreement and pull down the Notification Center at the same time, the Data Usage will show “Premium Feature Expired”
- SafeSurfing widget will show “Safe Webpage” if you copy an email address.
- After changing the Protection Strength, widget and extension scan will show different results compared to SafeSurfing in Mobile Security.
- Mobile Security may crash if the phone is using too much resources (e.g. too many tabs open). To fix this, close some apps manually or use less phone resources when running Mobile Security.
- If a malicious app was detected but the user cancelled the scan before it completes, Mobile Security won't be able to detect the malicious app again.
Backup and Restore
- Some contacts could not always be restored from Android’s backup data.
- If the device folder is missed unpredictably, the backup progress will always fail until the user reinstalls the app.
- "New contacts found" notification will always pop up if there are some duplicate contact data in the device. To resolve this, delete the duplicate contact data.
- After reinstalling Mobile Security, a new Device folder will be created. To resolve this, delete the old Device Folder.
Lost Device Portal (LDP)
- Remote scream/locate can be triggered if a user reinstalls Mobile Security without signing out.
- Remote locate cannot be triggered if the Mobile Security process has been killed. To resolve this, tap the push notification.
- Unable to update LDP "Last Used" date in some status.
- If a user reinstalls Mobile Security or resets the device, two devices will be displayed on the LDP site.
- In iOS 8.0, Lost Device Protection asks to turn on Location Services (even if it is already activated) when pressing Back in Lost Device Protection page. UI freezes afterwards.
- After resetting the device, Users may encounter license transfer issues on the same device using the same My Account information.
- Users cannot perform In-app purchase more than 4 times.