Stop Trend Micro Antivirus from running on your Mac temporarily without uninstalling the program. Doing this, however, will make your Mac vulnerable to threats.
- Click the Trend Micro icon on the Menu bar.
- Choose Shut Down Trend Micro Antivirus.
If it does not work, you can use the Diagnostic Toolkit:
- Open Spotlight, type Trend Micro Antivirus Diagnostic Toolkit, then press RETURN.
- On the General tab, select Stop Components.
Why do I need to temporarily disable the program?
You need to check if the Trend Micro program is causing an issue on your Mac.
I want it back ON
- Open Spotlight, type Trend Micro Antivirus, then press RETURN.