You see this pop up when opening the Trend Micro Vault:
Why did this happen?
You have changed your Trend Micro user account.
How do I fix this?
Move the Trend Micro Vault files to your new account:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows + E keys at the same time to open the File Explorer window.
- Go to the C:\Users\*old account*\AppData\Local\Trend Micro\ directory.
- Copy the Vault folder and place it to a different location.
- Reinstall your Trend Micro program.
- Activate your Trend Micro Vault.
- Right-click the Trend Micro icon in the taskbar notification area, and then select Exit.
If you cannot see it, click the Show hidden icons arrow ^ next to the notification area.
- Copy the Vault folder to C:\Users\*new account*\AppData\Local\Trend Micro\Vault.
- Open the Trend Micro Vault. Check if your files are now inside.
Still having issues?
Get more help through our Technical Support.