You notice third-party security apps detects Trend Micro Home Network Security as suspicious.
Why did this happen?
Trend Micro Home Network Security monitors the web traffic of your home network to check for Internet usage and abnormal behavior.
What should I do next?
Add Trend Micro Home Network Security MAC Address to the Exception List to remove detection:
- Confirm if the detected MAC Address belongs to your Home Network Security Station:
- Open your Home Network Security app.
- Tap Menu.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap About.
- Take note of the MAC ID of your Station.
- Compare it to the MAC Address detected by the third party security app.
- Once confirmed, continue with the device’s connection.
- Add Home Network Security’s MAC address to the Exception List.