You receive the following error message when installing your Trend Micro Security software:
"Additional Scan Needed"
"Because the installer found security risks while setting up your Trend Micro software, the computer should be checked more thoroughly to find any other hidden threats."
Why am I receiving this message?
This message appears when the Trend Micro installer has found security risks while setting up your Trend Micro Security software.
How do I resolve the issue?
Run Trend Micro Anti-Threat Toolkit:
- Download the Anti-Threat Toolkit:
To know what operating system type you're on, see the link below.
How to determine whether a computer is running a 32-bit version or 64-bit version of the Windows operating system
- Read the Trend Micro License Agreement. Once you click I Accept, the download will start.
- Log on to the computer that is infected by a malware. Copy the Anti-Threat Toolkit into the infected computer.
- After copying the Anti-Threat Toolkit, right-click on the tool and then click Run as administrator.
- Click Yes when the User Account Control window appears.
- Click Scan Now when the Trend Micro Anti-Threat Toolkit window appears.
The scan may take some time. The tool will scan your computer and list the threats it finds.
- The tool will show a summary of the scan. Click Fix Now to clean your computer.
- Click Close to close the Anti-Threat Toolkit after your computer has been cleaned.
- Click Proceed to send the information the tool collected to Trend Micro Technical Support.
You will receive a temporary ID number that you can use when you contact Trend Micro Technical Support and a Trend Micro Anti-Threat Toolkit folder will appear on the same folder where you ran the tool.
- Go to Trend Micro Anti-Threat Toolkit folder > Output.
You will find a .ZIP file with the filename containing the timestamp and GUID.
- Do either of the following if you still need help after you cleaned your computer:
- If you have an existing case, send the .ZIP file together with the temporary ID number to the engineer who is handling your case.
- If you do not have an existing case, send the .ZIP file to our Technical Support for analysis.