You receive the following error message when activating your Trend Micro Password Manager:
“This code is linked to a Trend Micro account.”
This happens if the Activation Code is already used by any of the following:
- Existing Trend Micro Account
- Different Trend Micro Account
Activate with an existing account using the same Activation Key
This happens because you are trying to activate a Password Manager subscription using the same Activation Key.
You do not need to activate the account since it is already activated using the same Activation Code.
Activate to a different account with a registered Activation Key
This happens because you are trying to activate a subscription which is already registered to a different account.
- Open your web browser, then click the Password Manager icon.
- Click the User icon located at top right-hand corner of the window, then click Sign Out.
Password Manager Start Now window will appear.
- Click Start Now.
- Sign in to your Trend Micro Account.
Logging in the correct Trend Micro account will not migrate your saved passcards. For instructions on how to migrate passcards, you may refer to this Knowledge Base article: How to import/export passwords (Password Manager).