Below is a list of the known issues found in your Trend Micro WiFi Protection app:
For Android / iOS devices
- Multiple “Yearly/Monthly subscription” buttons will be displayed when using an old version.
To fix the issue, upgrade your WiFi Protection through Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
For Mac OS
- Uninstalling WiFi Protection from Mac while VPN is enabled will leave the VPN status in the Mac network settings enabled, but will successfully remove the WiFi Protection from the device.
To resolve this issue, refer to this article: How to remove Trend Micro WiFi Protection configuration from MacOS.
- When the Trend Micro Security program is in Hyper-Sensitive mode, it will delete a process from WiFi Protection because it is unsigned by Microsoft.
As a workaround for now, the Trend Micro Security program can be set to normal mode.
- “App Not Available” notification shows when upgrading Trend Micro WiFi Protection for iOS.
As a workaround, follow the steps below:
- On your device, open the App Store.
- Search for Trend Micro WiFi Protection.
- Tap Update to update the app manually.
- If the issue persists, consult our Technical Support.
- The Spinning wheel / loading icon is showing continuously in Facebook App when Trend Micro WiFi Protection is enabled.
- Trend Micro WiFi Protection for Mac is unable to detect the real-time VPN status after deleting the VPN Configuration twice in a row. The workaround is to restart the app.
- Due to the VPN configuration, high battery usage occurs when using Trend Micro WiFi Protection for Android app.
- Unable to do iOS update when Trend Micro WiFi Protection for iOS is enabled. The workaround is to disable the VPN first.
- Application file (tmpwp.exe) is being blocked by Trend Micro Security for Windows’ Intensive Scan. The workaround is to click Open File when the detection pop-up appears.
Version 1.3 (for Android devices)
- The user still needs to transfer license when activating though easy activation flow using the Activation Key.
- The user needs to wait at least 30 seconds to move back to the app's home page.
- The toast notification shows VPN is ON but VPN connection is not yet established.
- As a workaround, manually turn on the VPN from the main console.
- The main console shows "No Wi-Fi Connection" even when the app is connected to a public Wi-Fi.
- As a workaround, remove the app from the task list, then re-open it after VPN connection has been established.
- When Trend Micro WiFi Protection and Mobile Security are both installed on the same device, two toast notifications will appear after sending debug logs.
- As a workaround, view the correct support ID from the History.