You received the following error message on your Trend Micro WiFi Protection app:
"Cannot Connect to the VPN"
This message may occur when:
- your Wi-Fi network connection is unsupported.
- your Internet connection is unstable.
- an additional action is required in completing Wi-Fi connection.
To verify the Wi-Fi connection, do the following:
- Open your web browser to verify if your Wi-Fi network has Internet connection.
- If you see a Captive Portal, follow the flow to establish the Wi-Fi connection.
- Wait for a minute. The Trend Micro WiFi Protection will reconnect to the VPN.
If it is still not connected after several minutes, do the following:
- Restart your Trend Micro WiFi Protection app.
- Manually connect to the VPN by tapping on the VPN switch.
If you still see the same message, reinstall the VPN profile by doing the following:
- If you still cannot connect to the VPN, switch to another Wi-Fi network.
Need Additional Help?
Contact our Technical Support for further assistance.