You encounter the following error message when installing Trend Micro Antivirus for Mac:
"Unable to Continue"
This happens when there is a conflicting software installed on your Mac.
To resolve the issue, remove conflicting software on your Mac. Follow the steps below:
- Open the Applications folder by doing any of the following:
- Click to Go > Applications.
- Right-click or control-click the Applications folder on the Dock, then select Open Applications.
- Open your Hard Drive, then click the Applications folder on the left pane.
- Type "Application" in the Spotlight field, then press RETURN (ENTER).
- Look for any of the programs listed below, then drag and drop them into the Trash.
- Avast! Antivirus Mac Edition
- AVG AntiVirus
- AVG LinkScanner
- Avira Mac Security
- Bitdefender Antivirus
- Bitdefender Virus Scanner
- Comodo Antivirus for Mac
- Dr. Web for MacOSX
- ESET Endpoint Security
- Hotspot Shield
- Intego Internet Security
- Intego NetBarrier
- Intego VirusBarrier
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus
- Kaspersky Internet Security
- Kaspersky Virus Scanner
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- McAfee Endpoint Protection for Mac
- McAfee Internet Security for Mac
- McAfee VirusScan for Mac
- Microworld eScan for Mac
- Norton AntiVirus for Mac
- Norton Internet Security for Mac
- PC Tools iAntiVirus
- ProtectWorks Antivirus
- Sophos Anti-Virus for Mac OS X
- Virus Scanner Plus
- Webroot SecureAnywhere
- Type your administrator password on the field provided, then click OK.
If you encounter an issue when removing any of the programs above, contact the program manufacturer for support.