For Trend Micro Antivirus to scan protected files, you must allow Full Disk Access to the iCoreService file, an important component of the program.
What is Full Disk Access?
Full Disk Access is a security feature, introduced in macOS Mojave, that requires applications to be given full permission to access user protected files.
In previous versions, this permission was automatically given to all applications during installation. If not enabled, some data on the Mac will not be accessible.
Enable Full Disk Access
- Open Trend Micro Antivirus.
- Click the Allow Full Disk Access button.
- A new window will appear. Click the Open Security & Privacy button.
- The Security & Privacy window will open. Click the Privacy tab, then click the icon so you can make changes on your Mac. A new window will appear.
- Enter your Mac username and password, and then click Unlock to authorize the changes to be made.
- Drag the Security Files to the Full Disk Access table.
Make sure Trend Micro Antivirus is added to the Security & Privacy window and checked.
Reach out through our Technical Support for assistance.