Here are the new features and enhancements you get from the latest Trend Micro WiFi Protection update:
- VPN Mode Settings from Main screen – users can now select the VPN settings from the app’s main screen:
- Automatic VPN – VPN will automatically enable when user connects to an unsecured Wi-Fi network.
- VPN Always On – VPN will enable when user connects to a Wi-Fi network that has been added to VPN Always On list.
- VPN Always Off – VPN will turn off when user connects to a Wi-Fi network that has been added to VPN Always Off list.
- Manual VPN – this option will appear once user disable the Automatic VPN switch from Settings.
- Welcome screen tutorial
- For Android and iOS devices
- Fake Captive Portal detection - Detects Fake Captive portal as suspicious
- Directs users to other Trend Micro mobile apps via Try More Apps button in the main screen, Settings page, and promotion pop-up