What is Homesweeklies.com?
Homesweeklies.com is a browser hijacker that will change the homepage and search engine for your web browser to malicious website.
How did it get installed?
You may unwillingly ran it from deceptive pop up ads, free software installers or other third-party file downloads.
Remove Homesweeklies.com manually
To get rid of Homesweeklies.com infection completely, go to the specific folder address to remove the malware:
- Open Finder.
- Click Go, then click Go to Folder.
- In the open field, type ~/Library/Preferences.
- Look for malicious plist files with Safari name like:
- Check if these files contain the malicious URL link:
- Launch the Terminal app from Applications, then click Utilities or search for it via Spotlight.
- In the Terminal window, enter defaults read ~/Library/Preferences com.apple.Safari.HomePage and press RETURN.
- Check if the plist contains this link:
- http://www.homesweeklies.com/homepage/8080/1391/00549/195/United States/US/07670277/2B7B8995-02E3-5AAC-B4F1-68DA6ACCFD6A
- If you see the link, delete the following:
- Other plist entries with the name Safari
- Empty trash.
- Restart Mac.
Remove Homesweeklies.com instantly with Antivirus One
It may take some time to go through every file, folder and browsers mentioned in all the steps listed above.
Antivirus One can protect your Mac from all potential risks and attacks, so you can enjoy browsing online.
It also provides real-time scanning and eliminates browser hijackers before they even leave a trace.
I have Antivirus One installed
Run the Adware Cleaner in Antivirus One:
- Open Antivirus One.
- Click Adware Cleaner, then click Clean Now.