What is Safe Finder?
Safe Finder is a browser hijacker, a potentially unwanted program, and an adware, designed to promote a number of fake web search engines. It modifies your browser settings and system settings without yout consent.
Remove Safe Finder browser hijacker manually
Get rid of safefinder.com infection completely, including all its fragments and hidden items. Follow the steps below:
1. Remove suspicious Login Items
Most browser hijacker are enabled automatically when you log on to your Mac. Delete their suspicious login items:
- Go to > System Preferences.
- Select Users & Groups.
- Click Login Items. Make sure your username under Current User is highlighted.
- Select the recently added items, and then click the icon to disable the application.
- Restart your Mac for the changes to take effect.
2. Remove malicious profiles
Some browser hijacker installs a malicious profile forcibly from the home page of your browser. Profiles will not be visible until you have at least one profile on your Mac installed. If there is none, you may skip this step.
- Go to > System Preferences.
- Select Profiles.
- Check and choose any profile that you did not set up on your Mac. Select the profile, and then click the icon to delete it.
3. Stop potentially unwanted processes running on your Mac
Get rid of processes you are not familiar with that may cause the browser hijacker to run.
- From the system tray, click Go, and then click Utilities.
- Select Activity Monitor.
- Look for any suspicious or unfamiliar running processes.
- Double-click the suspicious process, then click Quit. Click Force Quit to proceed.
4. Remove potentially unwanted applications
Get rid of applications you are not familiar with that may cause the browser hijacker to run.
- From the system tray, click Go, and then click Applications.
- Check for any recently added suspicious applications, and then drag them to the Trash icon.
5. Remove malicious extensions on the web browsers
Get rid of malicious extensions depending on the browser you use:
6. Remove suspicious folders and files
Delete suspicious files and folders to help remove adware on your Mac.
- From the system tray, click Go, and then select Go to Folder....
- Enter the following locations one at time, and then click Go.
- Check and choose any suspicious files the following locations, and then drag and drop it to the Trash .
7. Restart your Mac
Make sure that all the steps have been completed, and then empty all the deleted files in the Trash .
8. Reset the web browser settings
Before you reset your browser settings, make sure you have a back up of all your bookmarks and saved websites.
Remove Safe Finder browser hijacker instantly with Antivirus One
It may take some time to go through every file, folder and browsers mentioned in all the steps listed above.
Antivirus One can protect your Mac from all potential risks and attacks, so you can enjoy browsing online.
It also provides real-time scanning and eliminates browser hijackers before they even leave a trace.
I have Antivirus One installed
Run the Adware Cleaner in Antivirus One:
- Open Antivirus One.
- Click Adware Cleaner, then click Clean Now.