Two-Factor Authentication adds another layer of security to access your Trend Micro Account. When enabled, it will require to enter a confirmation code when signing in to your Trend Micro account, sent via Authenticator App, text, or email. Confirmation codes change every sign in, making it more difficult for hackers to access your Trend Micro account.
How does it work?
- Authentication App: Uses an Authenticator app to send the verification code. The Trend Micro Account acknowledges Google Authenticator, Microsoft Authenticator, or Authy as a valid app.
- Text Message – Sends the verification code through text using the mobile number you registered.
- Email – Sends the verification code to the email address you registered.
Set up Two-Factor Authentication
- Go to https://account.trendmicro.com/ and sign in.
- Select the Profile tab.
- Click the Two-factor Authentication tab.
- Select between the three authentication methods:
You can add more than one Authentication Method. Tap the Set up button beside your preferred authentication method. Otherwise, click Skip.
Update Two-Factor Authentication details
- Click the Manage button beside the Authentication method you want to change.
- Click Set as Default if you want to set it as your preferred default authentication method.
- Click Change if you want to change the registered authenticator app, mobile number, or email address.
- Provide your Trend Micro account password to proceed.
The Authenticator App is not working
We recommend also setting up a backup authentication method so you can still get the confirmation code if your default authentication method fails.