Reduce your kids' exposure to online threats while browsing the Internet, playing online games, or communicating through social media. Follow these recommended Trend Micro settings for your family PC.
Limit your Kid's Online Activity
In just a few steps, you can limit what websites your kids may open, restrict their Internet usage, and block inappropriate apps from running. Check out this video or follow these step-by-step instructions on how to turn on Trend Micro Parental Controls:
- Create your kid’s own Windows User Account.
- Open Trend Micro, then click Family.
- Click Configure beside Parental Controls.
- Set a program password, then click Create.
- Put a check beside Enable website filter rules, then select your kid's age group. Trend Micro will automatically block inappropriate websites based on your kid's age profile.
- Next, select how long and at what time you want your kid to have access to the Internet.
- Lastly, you can prevent your kid from opening specific computer programs. Just put a check beside Enable program controls, then click Add.
It will display a summary of the settings and schedule. Click Done to finish.
Turn On Social Media Protection
Malicious links and websites are also present on social media, including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and many more. Trend Micro will guide your kids on which links are safe to visit and which are not.
- Open Trend Micro, then click the Privacy tab.
- Click Configure beside Social Networking Protection.
- Toggle the switch to ON.