System Activity Monitor lets you see which apps are using up your system resources. It shows all process on your Mac, some of which you cannot or should not close.
- Go to Applications > Utilities.
- Double-click Activity Monitor.
- Under the CPU tab, sort the list by %CPU to see which apps uses the most resources.
You can also see whhat memory, disk and network process use up your resources.
- Select the app you want to end, then click the button at the top.
Remove unused apps
- Go to Applications.
- Scroll through the list of installed applications on your device.
- Right-click on the app that you wish to delete, then click Move to Trash.
- Completely delete the app and its files.
- Click Go > Go to Folder.
- Type the following locations below, then click Go:
- /Library/Application Support/
- ~/Library/Application Support/
- Check the list of program folders and drag any folders of applications you uninstalled into the Trash.
- Empty Trash.