Minimizing your social media presence and the information you post and share online can protect you against hackers, cyberstalking, and identity thieves.
Try to Google yourself. Do you see your Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram accounts?
These cyberstalkers can use your personal information found in these public social media profiles to take advantage of you. Trend Micro Security for Windows can help reduce this risk by protecting your Social Media accounts. Follow these easy steps.
Turn On Social Media Protection
Malicious links and websites are present on social media, including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and many more. Trend Micro will guide you on which links are safe to visit and share and which are not.
- Open Trend Micro, then click the Privacy tab.
- Click Configure beside Social Networking Protection.
- Toggle the switch to ON.
You can also warn your friends of the bad links you see on their pages so they can delete them.
Improve your Privacy
Sharing too much information on social networks can put you at risk of identity theft. Let Trend Micro help you adjust the right privacy settings to ensure your information stays private and protected.
- Open your favorite web browser.
- Click the Trend Micro Toolbar, then choose Check your online privacy.
- Sign in to your Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to improve the privacy settings.
- Click See Scan Results.
- Follow Trend Micro's recommendations. Click Fix All.
- Save the changes.
What to do if your Social Media Account got hacked
Visit the link below depending on what Social Media account you have for the next steps to take in case your account is hacked:
- Facebook: If you're worried about the security of your account, Facebook can help you.
- Instagram: If you think your Instagram account has been hacked
- LinkedIn: Reporting a Compromised LinkedIn Account
- Tiktok: My Tiktok account has been hacked
- Twitter: Help with my compromised Twitter account
- YouTube: Fix a hacked YouTube account