Minimizing your social media presence and the information you post and share online can protect you against hackers, cyberstalking, and identity thieves. Trend Micro Security for Windows can help reduce the chance of becoming a victim of these cybercrimes. Follow these easy steps.
Turn On Social Media Protection
Malicious links and websites are present on social media, including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and many more. Trend Micro will guide you on which links are safe to visit and share and which are not.
- Open Trend Micro, then click the Privacy tab.
- Click Configure beside Social Networking Protection.
- Toggle the switch to ON.
You can also warn your friends of the bad links you see on their pages so they can delete them.
Improve your Privacy
Sharing too much information on social networks can put you at risk of identity theft. Let Trend Micro help you adjust the right privacy settings to ensure your information stays private and protected.
- Open your favorite web browser.
- Click the Trend Micro Toolbar, then choose Check your online privacy.
- Sign in to your Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to improve the privacy settings.
- Click See Scan Results.
- Follow Trend Micro's recommendations. Click Fix All.
- Save the changes.