Ransomware is malware that encrypts your files and holds them captive until you pay the ransom. Turn ON Trend Micro's Folder Shield to protect your important files and folders on your Windows PC.
- Open Trend Micro, then click the Data tab.
- Click Configure beside Folder Shield.
- Read the introduction, then click OK.
- On Choose Folders You Want to Protect window, Trend Micro displays the three initial folders to protect: Documents, OneDrive, and Pictures. Click Protect More, then add your improtant files and folders.
- Click OK, then click Done.
I just got Ransomware infection
Download our free Decrypt Tool to attempt to retrieve files Crypto Ransomware encrypted.
You can also manually restore encrypted files after infection.