What is Search Tools Hub?
Search Tools Hub is a browser hijacker affecting Mac devices that redirects your homepage to find.searchtoolshub.com with ad-heavy search results. It may also slow down Mac performance.
Remove Search Tools Hub browser hijacker manually
Get rid of searchtoolshub infection completely, including all its fragments and hidden items. Follow the steps below:
1. Remove unknown Login or Startup Items
Check if there are any added unknown or suspicious login items or application that will run during startup that might cause the redirection.
- Go to > System Preferences > Users & Groups.
- Select your profile on the left side, then click the Login Items tab.
- Check if there are any recently added suspicious apps you are not familiar. Click the button to disable these apps during startup.
- Restart your Mac for the changes to take effect.
2. Remove malicious profile configurations
Check if there are profile configurations recently added on your Mac that may affect how your mac and its installed apps works. It is not common to have a profile unless you create a personalized configuration for your mac computer. Malicious profiles are usually bundled from third party apps.
- Go to > System Preferences > Profiles.
You can skip this solution if there is NO Profiles in System Preferences. It means there is no installed or created Profile Configuration on your Mac.
- Check and choose any profile that you did not set up. Select the profile, then click the button to remove it.
3. Remove suspicious extensions on web browsers
Remove installed browser extensions that might cause the redirection:
4. Remove potentially unwanted applications
Remove installed application on your Mac that may have been a bundled program installed from a third-party app that you are not familiar.
- Go to Finder > Go > Applications.
- Check for any recently added suspicious applications, and then drag them to the Trash .
5. Fix website redirection settings on web browsers
Revert back any changes done whenever you search online.
Remove Search Tools Hub browser hijacker instantly with Antivirus One
It may take some time to go through every file, folder and browsers mentioned in all the steps listed above.
Antivirus One can protect your Mac from all potential risks and attacks, so you can enjoy browsing online.
It also provides real-time scanning and eliminates browser hijackers before they even leave a trace.