For Trend Micro Antivirus to scan files, you must allow its System Extension so you can use its full features and protection.
What is a System Extension?
System Extensions on macOS allow software like network extensions and endpoint security solutions to extend the functionality of macOS without requiring kernel-level access.
Allow Trend Micro Extension on macOS Ventura
- On the Antivirus for Mac Permission Setup window, click the Open Privacy & Security button.
- The Privacy & Security window should open. Scroll down to Security, then click Details....
- Enter your Mac username and password, and then click Unlock to allow changes.
- Enable all Trend Micro Antivirus Extension items, then click OK.
- Click Allow when you see this pop up below.
- Click the Verify button once finished.