Improve your iPhone's performance by giving it a good cleanup. Follow these easy steps to optimize your device and get it running like new.
Delete old messages
Aside from deleting manually, you can set old messages to delete automatically to free up space.
- Go to Settings, then select Messages.
- Under Message History, tap Keep Messages.
- Choose from 30 days, a year, or indefinitely.
Uninstall unused apps
We recommend you remove those apps you haven't used recently.
- Go to Settings, then select General.
- Tap iPhone Storage. The list of your apps will be displayed, with the details of when you last used them.
- Uninstall apps you haven't used in a while.
Clear browser cache
Remove cache or temporary files stored in your browser to gain more space.
Clear Safari browser cache
- Open Settings, then select Safari.
- Tap Clear History and Website Data.
- Raise the app you selected till it closes.
Clear Chrome browser cache
- Tap the three dots at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap History, then tap Clear Browsing Data.
- Make sure to mark these categories: Browsing History, Cookies, Site Data, and Cached Images and Files.
- Tap the Time Range option to select a time range.
- Tap Clear Browsing Data.
Delete unwanted photos and videos
You can also clean up your gallery because media files take up a big chunk of space on your device.
Delete photos and videos manually
- Open Photos.
- From the Library tab, tap All Photos, then tap Select.
- Tap multiple photos or videos. You can also slide your finger across multiple files to select more than one.
- Tap the Trash button, then tap delete.
Delete photos and videos with Cleaner One for iOS
It may take some time to scan your albums and delete photos and videos manually. Use Cleaner One for iOS to easily find duplicate or similar photos and big videos to clean them quickly.