Sharing passwords with others can make your accounts less secure. Fortunately, with the help of Trend Micro Password Manager, it is possible to safely and securely share passwords without putting your information at risk.
Use the Trend Micro Share Password feature
Trend Micro's new "Share Password" feature on Android or iOS makes sharing passwords safe and easy. Follow these steps to use the feature:
- Open the Password Manager on your mobile device.
- Unlock the app by entering your Vault Password or using biometrics.
- Choose the password you want to share, then tap Share password.
- Provide a descriptive Title, then set limits on access by settings an Expiration Time and maximum access count or the number of allowed views.
- Take note of the Access code, then tap Share Password Link. An access code is necessary for the recipient to access the shared password. You must provide this unique code separately to them.
- Choose how you want to share the link from the available options provided.
- Once shared, provide the access code to the recipient.
- Tell the recipient to click the link in the message and enter the access code to view the shared password.
NOTE: The Shared Password link will expire based on the expiration time and access count you set.