Learn how to stop getting spam text messages on your iPhone or iPad.
What is a Spam Text?
A spam text is an unsolicited message delivered to many people without their consent. Such messages often contain fake promotions, scams, or links to malicious websites.
How to Block Spam Texts on iPhone or iPad
Using iMessage, you can sort out messages from people you don't know, and you won't receive alerts from them.
- Go to Settings, then tap Messages.
- Scroll down to Message Filtering.
- Turn ON Filter Unknown Senders. This will put messages from unknown numbers in a different list.
However, there might still be unfamiliar messages that could be spam. If you believe they are spam text messages, you can also manually block specific numbers.
- Tap the Messages app.
- Open the conversation, then tap the number at the top of the conversation.
- Tap the Profile icon, then tap Block this Caller.
Get 100% Protection from Spam Text and Calls
Download Trend Micro Check today to stop getting spam text and spam calls! Now with second phone number, to keep your real number private!