You see this error message when you uninstall Mobile Security on your Android phone or tablet:
"Uninstall not successful"
Why did this happen?
Mobile Security was installed as a Device Administrator.
A Device Administrator is a feature in Android devices that gives permissions, in this case, Mobile Security, needed to perform security features.
What should I do next?
Deactivate Mobile Security as Device Administrator so you can uninstall the app:
- Open the device Settings.
- Scroll down, then tap Privacy Protection.
- Choose Special permissions.
- Tap Device admin apps
- Tap Trend Micro Mobile Security, then tap Deactivate this device admin app.
- Try to uninstall the app again.