Trend Micro Vault helps keep your important and sensitive files secured on Windows even when your computer gets lost or stolen.
How does Trend Micro Vault work?
- A password is needed to access files in the Vault.
- After receiving a Stolen Report, Trend Micro seals the vault right away.
Set Up Trend Micro Vault
- Open Trend Micro, then click the Data tab.
- Click Configure beside Vault.
- Read the introduction, the click OK.
Put a check beside Don't show this introduction again before clicking OK if you do not want to see this window every time you configure the Vault.
- Set up a password, then click Create.
This password is also the same as your:
- Once done, you will see this pop up:
Click OK to close the window.
- Drag your important files to the Trend Micro Vault icon you see on your desktop.
Dragging these items into the Vault will move them instead of just copying them.
- Right-click the Trend Micro Vault icon on your desktop to Unlock or Lock the Vault.