Data Theft Prevention helps secure your sensitive information, such as credit card numbers or passwords on websites.
Upon detecting any attempt to send protected information to the Internet, whether through a web page, email or an instant message, Trend Micro blocks it automatically.
This prevents hackers and spyware from stealing your information. It works on popular web browsers and email programs.
- Open Trend Micro, then click Privacy.
- Click Configure beside Data Theft Prevention.
- If you see an Introduction page, click OK.
- Click the switch to turn ON Data Theft Prevention.
- Type the information in the What to protect field.
- Enter at least 8 digits of your Credit Card number to ensure protection.
- The fields are case-sensitive. ABC is different from abc.
- Click New Category to add more. To protect multiple entries of the same category, add another character on the Category Name, like Credit Card1.
- Click OK to save the changes.