System Restore returns your Windows computer to its previous working condition without you having to reinstall the operating system. It reverts back the files and settings that were saved in the restore point to repairs the Windows environment.
- Log onto your computer using an account with administrator privileges.
- On your keyboard, press the Windows + R keys at the same time.
- In the Open field, type rstrui, then click OK. The System Restore should open.
- You can either pick the Recommended restore or Choose a different restore point.
- Click Next, then Finish to start.
How do I create a restore point?
- On your keyboard, press the Windows + S keys at the same time to open the Search bar.
- Type Create a restore point, then select it from the results.
- On the System Protection tab in System Properties, click the Create... button.
- Type a description to help you identify the restore point, then Create > OK.
Keep your Computer Healthy
Install Trend Micro Maximum Security to maintain a healthy PC and to prevent getting errors and system failures.