Try to Google yourself. Do you see your Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram accounts?
Minimizing your social media presence and the information you post and share online can protect you against hackers, cyberstalking, and identity thieves. These cyberstalkers can use your personal information found in these public social media profiles to take advantage of you.
Check Social Network Privacy on Android
Social Network Privacy checks and improves your Facebook and Twitter privacy settings to protect you from spying or identity theft.
- Open the Mobile Security app.
- On the main menu, scroll down, then choose Social Network Privacy.
- Tap the Sign into Facebook button to check your Facebook privacy settings.
To check your Twitter privacy settings, tap the Twitter tab, then tap Sign into Twitter.
- Sign in to your Social Media account.
- Once signed in, Trend Micro will list the opportunities to improve your privacy settings. Follow the recommendations.
What to do if your Social Media Account got hacked
Visit the link below depending on what Social Media account you have for the next steps to take in case your account is hacked:
- Facebook: If you're worried about the security of your account, Facebook can help you.
- Instagram: If you think your Instagram account has been hacked
- LinkedIn: Reporting a Compromised LinkedIn Account
- Tiktok: My Tiktok account has been hacked
- Twitter: Help with my compromised Twitter account
- YouTube: Fix a hacked YouTube account