While updating the Trend Micro program on your Windows computer or laptop, it gets stuck, hangs or does not continue.
Why did this happen
Some Trend Micro components may have stopped working while doing the update.
How do I fix this?
Restart the Trend Micro program:
- Press the Windows and R keys on your keyboard to open the Run window.
- In the Open field, type supporttool.exe, then click OK.
- Click Yes when the User Account Control Window appears.
The Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit will open.
- Click the (C) Uninstall tab.
- Click 5. Stop all components.
- Wait for 10 to 30 seconds.
- Click 4. Start all components on the Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit window to turn it back ON.
- Try to update the program again.
If the issue still occurs, contact our Technical Support for assistance.