Using Wi-Fis in coffee shops, airports, and other public places comes with serious security risks like hacking, identity theft, and malware distribution. Avoid these weak and unsafe Wi-Fis with Trend Micro Mobile Security's Wi-Fi Checker.
Be careful when connecting your mobile devices at public charging stations. Hackers use malicious charging stations or USB ports to gain access, swipe data or infect your devices.
They call it Juice Jacking.
Enable Wi-Fi Checker
- Open the Mobile Security app.
- Tap Wi-Fi Checker.
- Toggle the switch to ON beside Wi-Fi Checker.
- Mobile Security will scan the connection and warn you of the security risks every time you connect to Wi-Fi.
If security risks were found
You can either:
- Tap Switch to another network or Use cellular data instead.
- Tap Trust this Wi-Fi to add the Wi-Fi to the trusted list.
To avoid auto-connecting to the unsecured network in the future, tap Forget Network on your Wi-Fi settings.