Configure your Spark modem - Huawei HG659/HG659b router to enable DHCP mode so you can start protecting your devices connected with Trend Micro Home Network Security.
DHCP Mode (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) allows Home Network Security to host its own DHCP server to manage device IP addresses.
- Make sure your Home Network Security Station is turned ON and connected to your home router.
- Open the Home Network Security app on your mobile device.
- Tap the Menu icon, then select Settings.
- Tap Station Configuration.
- Under STATION NETWORK SETTINGS, select DHCP Mode, then View steps.
- Click Next, then follow the steps.
- Using your computer or mobile device, open a web browser. You can use Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge or Mozilla Firefox.
- On the address bar, type the Router IP address you took note on the previous step then press ENTER.
- Log in to the Admin console using your router username and password.
Default login credential:
- Username: admin
- Password: admin
- Go to the Home Network tab. On the left menu, select LAN Interface.
- Under DHCP Server, uncheck DHCP server, then click Save.
- Restart your router:
- Unplug the power cord from the back of the router, then check if the front panel lights are turned OFF.
- Wait for 30 seconds, then plug the power cord back to your router.
- Allow a minute or two for it to turn back ON.
- Open your Home Network Security app. Check if you see a "Devices Protected" status.
Contact our Technical Support for immediate assistance.