You may see any of these errors while installing Trend Micro Antivirus for Mac:
"This Activation Code is for another Trend Micro product."
"Make sure the Activation Code is correct and try again."
Why Did This Happen?
The most common reasons for these errors include:
- Using an activation code meant for a different Trend Micro product.
- Typographical errors when entering the activation code.
How Do You Fix It?
Here's a step-by-step guide to resolve the 'Invalid Activation Code' error:
- Re-type your activation code:
- If you purchased online: Look for the 20-digit activation code in your Order Confirmation Email.
- If you bought from a retail store: Find the code on the product box or receipt.
- If you have an existing subscription: Log in to your Trend Micro Account to access your license information.
Remember, the format is typically like this: AAAA-0000-0000-0000-0000, where 'A' represents a letter and '0' represents a number.
- Enter the activation code accurately and click Apply.
- If the problem persists, download the correct installer file based on how you obtained the program.
- If you purchased it online or from a retail store
- If you purchased it through Best Buy
- If it comes with your Internet Service Provider (ISP)
Note: If you do not see your macOS version on the table above, it means you can no longer install Trend Micro Antivirus on macOS Mojave (10.15) and below. We recommend upgrading your Mac to its latest version so you can experience the full features of Antivirus for Mac.