You received a message to upgrade your Trend Micro program on Windows to the latest version but nothing happens after restarting the computer.
Why did this happen?
A Trend Micro upgrade component did not run after restarting your computer.
How do I fix this?
Restart the Trend Micro process:
- Press Windows and R keys at the same time to open Run.
- In the Open field, type services.msc, then click OK. The Services window should appear.
- From the list of services, select tmrhea.exe.
- On the left side, click Start or Restart.
- On the system tray, hover your mouse on the Trend Micro icon to check if the program is upgrading.
- If you see the message Upgrading to the newest version, wait for the installation to finish.
Otherwise, do the upgrade manually.