Smart TVs can be connected to the Internet and some models have applications that allow you to save your account information for easier access. Because of this, Smart TVs are no exception to cyber-attacks.
Below are some of the best practices to protect your Smart TV.
- Connect your Smart TV to a Wi-Fi with strong password.
- Always make sure your Smart TV is updated to the latest firmware.
- Install apps only from a trusted app store or website.
If your Smart TV got infected, reset it to factory default settings or ask help from the manufacturer to flash the Smart TV firmware.
For more information, you may refer to these websites:
Protect your SMART TV with Home Network Security
Make sure the following settings are enabled to keep your network devices protected.
- On your mobile device, open Home Network Security app.
- Tap the Menu icon.
- Tap Settings.
- Enable the following features:
- Go to Threat Blocking, then toggle the switch for Network Protection.
- Go to Access Control, then toggle the switch for New Device Approval.
- Go to Device Scan, then toggle the switch for Password Check and Vulnerability Check.