Webcams, or web cameras, are connected to the Internet. An attacker could steal your privacy information or use it as a springboard for other attacks. Make sure your webcam is kept safe from these attacks.
Best practices to protect your webcam
- Connect your webcam to a WiFi with strong password.
- Always make sure your webcam is updated to the latest firmware.
- Give permission to access your webcam only to trusted websites and applications.
- Cover the lens or turn off the camera when not in use.
Protect your webcam with Home Network Security
Make sure these settings are enabled to keep your network devices protected:
- On your mobile device, open the Home Network Security app.
- Tap the Menu icon, then choose Settings.
- Enable the following features:
- Go to Threat Blocking, then turn ON Network Protection .
- Go to Access Control, then turn ON New Device Approval .
- Go to Device Scan, then turn ON Password Check and Vulnerability Check .