The default username and password of a device are mostly common combinations of letters or numbers. An attacker can easily discover and use this information to log in to your device admin console, which allows them to have full control of your device and possibly your network.
To change the device credentials, you must know its IP address:
- Using your computer or mobile device, open a web browser, then log in to the Admin console of your device.
Different manufacturers have different ways of logging in to the admin console. You may refer to your device manual for more details. The most common IP address for logging in is http://192.168.1.1.
- Enter your device’s username and password. Refer to your device manual for the default username and password.
- On the device admin console, look for the settings where you can change the username and password. Usually, it is under Management or Settings.
- Create a secure username and password:
- Use a unique username.
- Avoid using dictionary words.
- Use a password with at least eight characters.
- Use a combination of uppercase and lowercase letters.
- Use a combination of letters, numbers, and symbols.
- Click Save or Apply once you have updated your information. The device might need to reboot for the settings to take effect.
Check your Home Network Safety
Use Trend Micro HouseCall for Home Networks to scan and detect risks in your smart home, and find out who is on your network.