Configure your D-Link Modem - Cobra AC5300 router to enable DHCP mode so you can start protecting your devices connected with Trend Micro Home Network Security.
DHCP Mode (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) allows Home Network Security to host its own DHCP server to manage device IP addresses.
- Make sure your Home Network Security Station is turned ON and connected to your home router.
- Open the Home Network Security app on your mobile device.
- Tap the Menu icon, then select Settings.
- Tap Station Configuration.
- Under STATION NETWORK SETTINGS, select DHCP Mode.
- Take note of your Router IP Address and Station IP Address. Click Next to continue configuring DHCP Mode.
- Using your computer or mobile device, open a web browser. You can use Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge or Mozilla Firefox.
- On the address bar, type the Router IP address you took note on the previous step then press ENTER.
- Log in to the Admin console using your router username and password.
- On the top menu, select Settings then choose Network.
- Click Advance Settings. Under DHCP Server, Set Status to Disabled.
- Restart your router:
- Unplug the power cord from the back of the router, then check if the front panel lights are turned OFF.
- Wait for 1 minute, then plug the power cord back to your router.
- Open your Home Network Security app. Check if you see a "Devices Protected" status.
Contact our Technical Support for immediate assistance.