This article shows you how to configure your router to enable the DHCP solution of Home Network Security.
- For Spark Modem HG659/HG659b router, click here.
- For Spark Modem HG630b router, click here.
- For D-Link Modem Cobra AC5300 router, click here.
Enable DHCP Mode
- Make sure your Home Network Security Station is turned ON and connected to your home router.
- On your Home Network Security App, tap the Menu icon.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Station Configuration.
- Under STATION NETWORK SETTINGS, select DHCP Mode.
- Please take note of your Router IP and Station IP Address then click Next to continue configuring DHCP Mode.
- Using your computer or mobile device, open a web browser (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Google Chrome).
- On the address bar, type the Router IP address you took note on the previous step then press ENTER.
- Log in to the Admin console by entering your router's username and password.
- Look for the DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) settings, then disable the Router’s DHCP server.
- Save the changes.
- Restart your router by doing the following:
- Unplug the power cord from the back of the router, then check if the front panel lights are turned off.
- Wait for 30 seconds, then plug the power cord back to your router.
- Allow a minute or two for it to turn back on.
- On your Home Network Security app, you should now see the