You see this notification on the Trend Micro Home Network Security app:
Why did this happen?
Trend Micro Home Network Security detected an unusually high network activity.
What should I do next?
Go to the Smart Alert Summary Report to review network data usage:
- Open the Home Network Security app on your device.
- Tap the Menu icon you see on the upper left, then tap Timeline.
- At the upper right corner, tap Filter , then select Security.
- Select the device where the unusual activity was detected to view the Summary Report for the past 7 days.
- Tap View Details.
- Review the unusual network traffic details, including the time range of the traffic and the amount of data used.
- Red bars represent unusual network traffic.
- Gray bars represent normal network traffic.
- Tap on the specific time range.
- Check if the top 3 activity destinations were done by you or your family member.
- If you are aware of the activities and not concerned about these events, tap on Report Not Unusual.
- If these unusually high traffic activities were not caused by you or your family member, perform these recommendations:
How do I keep my connected devices protected?
- Always make sure your device is updated to the latest firmware or operating system.
- Update your default Wi-Fi SSID.
- Use a strong Wi-Fi password:
- Use a password with at least eight characters.
- Use a combination of uppercase and lowercase letters.
- Use a combination of letters, numbers, and symbols.
- Use WPA2 (Wi-Fi Protected Access 2) Wi-Fi encryption..This is currently the best encryption for home wireless networks.