Know how Trend Micro Home Network Security helps you check for unusual network traffic on devices connected to your home network with Smart Alert.
What is Smart Alert?
Smart Alert is a feature in Trend Micro Home Network Security that analyzes network data and identifies unusual network behavior on devices connected in your home network.
How Smart Alert works
Smart Alert sends a notification when an unusual network behavior like a spike in network traffic is detected.
How to turn ON Smart Alert in Trend Micro Home Network Security
- On your mobile device, open the Home Network Security app.
- Tap the Menu icon you see on the upper left, then tap Settings.
- Under NETWORK AND SECURITY, tap Early Access Program.
- Tap the switch beside Smart Alert to turn it ON .
To turn OFF Smart Alert, just tap the switch again.
What Smart Alert shows you
Smart Alert shows a graphical representation of the network data usage per hour for the past 7 days. This will let you see when the unusual network traffic occurred.
Tap View Details to see the unusual network traffic details, including the time range of the traffic and the amount of data used.
- Red bars represent unusual network traffic.
- Gray bars represent normal network traffic.
Tap on the specific time range to show the top 3 activity destinations so you could review if these activities were done by you or your family member.
- If you are aware of the activities and not concerned about these events, tap Report Not Unusual.
- If these unusually high traffic activities were not caused by you or your family member, click here for recommendations.
View Smart Alert Summary Report
- Open the Home Network Security app on your device.
- Tap the Menu icon you see on the upper left, then tap Timeline.
- At the upper right corner, tap Filter , then select Security.
- Select the device where the unusual activity was detected to view the Summary Report for the past 7 days.
- Tap View Details.