Enable Two-factor authentication, or 2FA, to add an extra layer of protection on all your online accounts.
How does Two-Factor Authentication help secure my account?
Two-Factor Authentication adds a second layer of security to the authentication process, making it harder for attackers to gain access to your devices or online accounts, knowing your password alone is no longer enough to access your account.
What are the authentication factors?
There are three recognized types of authentication factors:
- Something You Know – includes passwords, PINs, combinations, code words, or secret handshakes.
- Something You Have – includes physical objects, such as keys, smartphones, smart cards, USB drives, and token devices.
- Something You Are – includes any part of the human body that can be offered for verification, such as fingerprints, palm scanning, facial recognition, retina scans, iris scans, and voice verification.
How can I enable Two-Factor Authentication
Enabling Two-factor authentication depends on the account, but is found in the Account Security settings.
- Open Account Settings and navigate to Security Settings.
- Look for Two-Factor Authentication or Two-Step Verification.
- Provide the required information to complete the configuration.
Get Trend Micro's Next Level Data Protection
Download Trend Micro ID Security to help monitor your personal data on the dark web and alert you if any of your leaked personal data is being maliciously sold or distributed by cybercriminals.