The Trend Micro Toolbar provides additional security by working with Google Chrome to provide safety ratings to websites when you do searches online. This allows you to check whether a link or website is either Safe, Suspicious or Dangerous before you access it.
Install Trend Micro Toolbar in Google Chrome on Mac
- Click the Chrome Web Store icon below to find the Trend Micro Toolbar in the webstore.
- The webstore will open in a new tab. Click the Add to Chrome button to download the Trend Micro Toolbar.
If the button says "Remove from Chrome" instead of "Add to Chrome" it means that the Trend Micro Toolbar is already installed.
- Make sure Trend Micro Toolbar is enabled:
- Click the Chrome Menu icon, > More Tools > Extensions.
- Check if Trend Micro Toolbar is turned ON.
Trend Micro Toolbar Page Rating
- Trend Micro Toolbar rates links on the results of popular search engines.
- Trend Micro Toolbar rates links on any webpage you visit. Hover the mouse over the link and the rating will appear.
- Trend Micro Toolbar rates links on Social Networking sites to keep you safe from security risks:
|Safe||Trend Micro considers this page safe. It does not pose a risk to your security.|
|Suspicious||Trend Micro has found that this page could pose a security risk. Avoid the site if possible, or exercise caution if you do open it.|
|Dangerous||Trend Micro has identified this page as dangerous. It may contain hidden malicious software, or shows signs of involvement in "phishing," a kind of fraud in which fake websites mimic legitimate ones to steal information.|
|Blocked||You have decided to block this page.|
|Trusted||You have decided to trust this page, but Trend Micro has not confirmed this rating.|
|Untested||Trend Micro has not yet tested this page. It may use an unsupported protocol (something other than HTTP).|
|No Response||Unable to contact the page rating system. Check your Internet connection and proxy server settings.|
Trend Micro Fraud Buster
When you open an email message from a supported webmail service, Fraud Buster can automatically scan the content for phishing links or scams.