The Trend Micro Toolbar provides additional security by working with Mozilla Firefox to provide safety ratings to websites when you do searches online. This allows you to check whether a link or website is either Safe, Suspicious or Dangerous before you access it.
Install Trend Micro Toolbar in Mozilla Firefox on Mac
Download the file below:
- Open Mozilla Firefox.
- Click the Menu () icon, then click Add-Ons.
- Click the Tools for all add-ons () icon, then choose Install Add-on From File....
- Look for the iTISToolbarFirefox@trendmicro.com.xpi file under the Downloads or Desktop folder.
- Click Add.
- Make sure Trend Micro Toolbar is enabled:
- Click the Firefox menu > Add-ons.
- Check if Trend Micro Toolbar is turned ON.
Trend Micro Toolbar Page Rating
- Trend Micro Toolbar rates links on the results of popular search engines.
- Trend Micro Toolbar rates links on any webpage you visit. Hover the mouse over the link and the rating will appear.
- Trend Micro Toolbar rates links on Social Networking sites to keep you safe from security risks:
|Safe||Trend Micro considers this page safe. It does not pose a risk to your security.|
|Suspicious||Trend Micro has found that this page could pose a security risk. Avoid the site if possible, or exercise caution if you do open it.|
|Dangerous||Trend Micro has identified this page as dangerous. It may contain hidden malicious software, or shows signs of involvement in "phishing," a kind of fraud in which fake websites mimic legitimate ones to steal information.|
|Blocked||You have decided to block this page.|
|Trusted||You have decided to trust this page, but Trend Micro has not confirmed this rating.|
|Untested||Trend Micro has not yet tested this page. It may use an unsupported protocol (something other than HTTP).|
|No Response||Unable to contact the page rating system. Check your Internet connection and proxy server settings.|
Trend Micro Fraud Buster
When you open an email message from a supported webmail service, Fraud Buster can automatically scan the content for phishing links or scams.